I hope you and your family and safe and healthy! As you know, we are doing our best to keep our facilities open in order to provide healthcare to our estimated clients. Nevertheless, facing this COVID-19 emergency, we are compelled to take additional precautions in order to ensure the safety of clients and providers altogether.
First and foremost, if you experience any cough, sore throat, sneezing and fever, please call us in advance and cancel your appointment, and seek help from your PCP if needed. Secondly, we will be starting a new admission procedure for clients once they reach our facilities. Namely, visits will proceed in the following way:
- All patients shall wear a mask throughout the whole session, with the exception of when laying down on your stomach on the treatment bed, during treatment. Please refer to CDC guidelines for a DIY COVID mask.
- When the door is opened, patients will take a seat in the entrance, where the temperature will be checked by us via a quick thermometer scan. Patients will also be asked if they experienced sore throat, cough, sneezes and fever – all symptoms that match COVID-19 infection.
- Patients will be taken immediately to their designated room, where they will continue wearing their face covering if laying face-up.
- Acupressure treatments are suspended for the time being in order to minimize the doctors’ exposure to infection.
- After the session is over, patients will leave their credit card on the counter for the staff to swipe in order to pay. The staff will step away as the patient signs electronically and retrieves his or her credit card. Check out will be done one patient per time, and patients will have to wait in treatment rooms until previous patients complete their checkout.
Here is a brief explanation underlying each procedure we are adopting:
Why do I have to have my temperature checked?
Like other healthcare facilities around the world, we are checking temperature to screen for symptoms of COVID-19. Please cancel your appointment in advance if you have any fevers, chills, shortness of breath, cough, loss of taste and smell, muscle aches and pains, headache or other flu-like symptoms.
Why do I have to cover my face?
The main mode of transmission of COVID-19 is through airborne respiratory droplets. Wearing a face mask significantly reduces the spread of airborne droplets, while offering mild personal protection from contracting the virus through contact with these droplets. In addition, it is important to practice hand hygiene and social distancing to further reduce the risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19.
Why do I have to practice social distancing?
Viral particles in respiratory droplets can spread several feet away from the person who produces them. To reduce the risk of contracting COVID-19, it is important to maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others in addition to wearing
a face mask and practicing hand hygiene.
During this emergency we will accommodate only existing patients who do not show any COVID-19 symptoms, and we will work with reduced hours. Additionally, all surfaces and equipment will be sanitized after each client’s visit. We are doing our best in order to preserve our and your health, and we are grateful for your cooperation in such challenging times.
Please do not hesitate to reach out for further questions!
H & Z Acupuncture